The Official SAT Question of the Day

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Learning

Why summer packets? I'm glad you asked. Every summer students lose ground in both reading and mathematics, especially among students in less affluent households. These packets (taken from supplementary materials associated with our Algebra textbook) are to serve as one way we to keep you mentally active over the summer and to help you retain what you have learned. Click the tab for the packet that pertains to you!



In addition, I hope that you all will take advantage of all the web has to offer. I encourage you to start or continue working through the practice exercises at Khan Academy, to watch and work through problems on Brightstorm, to engage the latest and greatest TED videos, or to create a game or animation using Scratch .

I just read this article on why nerds win!

Here is an updated list of what I think is cool on the web as a I discover it. Let me know if you agree or if you thought something I found was particularly interesting.



This is my twitter feed and the #mathchat feed. Yes, I think about education and math all the time and am listening and discussing it all the time! If you like, follow what is recently going on in #mathchat or with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment