Please find the homework that is due next Tuesday at the link below:
- Try some simple cases
- Find/Create a helpful diagram
- Organize systematically
- Make a table
- Spot patterns
- Use the patterns
- Find a general rule or equation
- Explain why it works
- Check regularly
Pond Borders, Sorts, and Diagonals
Remember that as you are completing these that you are thinking about our aims around communication and reasoning:
|Communication||Strategies and Reasoning|
|1. I understood what you did and why you did it.
2. Your solution was well organized and easy to
3. Your solution flowed logically from one step to
4. You used an effective format for communicating.
5. Your mathematical representations helped clarify
6. You used mathematical terminology correctly.
|1. You chose appropriate, efficient strategies for solving the problem.
2. You justified each step of your work.
3. Your representation(s) fit the task.
4. The logic of your solution was apparent.
5. Your process would lead to a complete, correct solution of the problem.
6. The evidence you showed clearly supported your solution.